Protecting Your Privacy
Ruco Investments Pty Ltd (“bbqsandoutdoor.com.au“) and its related companies are committed to providing you with a high level of customer service. This includes protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information. We are bound by, and will abide by, the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1988 (“Privacy Act“).
In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect a wide range of personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect generally includes your name, residential and billing address, email address, telephone or mobile numbers and products and services we provide to you.
BBQ’s and Outdoor collects personal information directly from you when you submit it online at BBQ’s and Outdoor or by telephone.
Bbqsandoutdoor.com.au advertises with Google. Google may show you our advertisements based on your previous visits to our site. If you do not wish to see these advertisements you can opt-out by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page here: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with our products and services;
- respond to questions or product requests;
- keep a record of our dealings with each other and enable us to contact you when necessary.In order to improve and better our offers and service we may keep track of patterns of use in the e-mails and social interactions we send. By supplying us your information, you give us and our related companies permission to communicate with you via email, SMS, MMS, social media and telephone to inform you about services we deliver relevant to you. This permission is not limited in time unless you choose to opt out by contacting us using the contact information provided below, or by utilising an ‘unsubscribe’ facility on a communication we send to you.
We require these organisations to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and also seek to ensure that they adhere to the National Privacy Principles. These service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for their own marketing purposes.
In addition, we may release your personal information under the following circumstances:
- when required to do so by a court or under applicable laws or regulation (for example, a subpoena) or where requested by a government agency;
- where we consider a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of; and
- to appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
Bbqsandoutdoor.com.au takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure. We have robust systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy whenever we collect, store, and use or disclose personal information. We regularly upgrade these systems and review our procedures to ensure high standards of security are used to protect your personal information. However, since no system is 100% secure or error free, we cannot guarantee that your personal information is totally protected, for example, from hackers or misuse. If you enter personal information on our website, you should exercise due care to safeguard any passwords, ID number, or other special access features associated with your use of our website.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information from our systems which is no longer required by us.
We strive to keep your personal information accurate, up-to-date and complete. Our policy enables you to find out what information we hold about you and correct that information if it is wrong.
If you become aware that any information we hold about you is incorrect or out-of-date, please let us know immediately. We will be happy to accept updated personal information in writing from the owner of that information at any time. However, in order to protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections of your personal information.
Our objective is to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe and no later than 30 days.
We may refuse access to personal information where the information being sought is mixed with other information that would disclose personal information of another person, where the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, where providing access would be unlawful or where denying access is authorised by law.
4 Strong Ave, Thomastown Vic 3074
Ph: 03 9462 1522
Fax: 03 9462 1533